Supporting Victims & Witnesses - Afternoon
Supporting victims and witnesses of crime or antisocial behaviour is an essential skill in order to procure their evidence in proceedings, promote community confidence and avoid unnecessary anxiety. This one day course will provide learners with knowledge of how to understand, deal with and support victims and witnesses of crime and /or antisocial behaviour so that they feel confident to assist, guide, reassure and empower those victims and witnesses to participate in resolution processes.
Venue Location - Clarke Willmott 5 St Helen's Place London EC3A 6AB
Who should attend?
Housing officers, ASB / Community Safety officers, ASB team Leaders, Police Officers.
- Understand the key principles of supporting victims & witnesses
- Understand the risk to and vulnerability of victims and witnesses
- Assess the difference between “targeted” and “non-targeted” crimes and/or act acts of ASB
- Understand what problem-solving resolutions can be adopted to support victims and witnesses
- Understand how to best support, engage and work with “ reluctant” witnesses
- Analyse the capabilities of partner agencies who can assist the victims and or witnesses in a given scenario
|Event Date||20-02-2020 1:00 pm|
|Event End Date||20-02-2020 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||18-02-2020 5:00 pm|