Safeguarding Awareness training
This course is designed to build confidence, awareness & understanding in front line staff, including Housing, ASB & Community Safety Practitioners, in response to safeguarding adults & children.
This training course will improve knowledge and understanding of child, adult & complex safeguarding using case scenarios and interactive discussion. The course covers categories of abuse, disclosure and responding appropriately. It also covers complex safeguarding such as domestic abuse, honour based violence, child sexual exploitation, county lines, female genital mutilation, modern slavery and radicalisation.
The course consists of 2 x 3 hour morning sessions , 9.00am to 12.30pm ( 30 min break in between )
Who should attend?
This is a must for Housing Officers, ASB & Community Safety Officers and staff who regularly liaise with the public / communities.
Successful completion will allow delegates to :
- Have an understanding of child and adult safeguarding.
- Have a basic understanding of the law in relation to safeguarding.
- Understand the different forms of abuse & safeguarding issues.
- Understand the signs and indicators of abuse.
- Understand the importance of disclosure and how to respond appropriately.
- Understand information sharing information and effective partnership working in this context.
- Awareness of relevant caselaw.
|Event Date||24-09-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||01-10-2020 12:30 pm|
|Cut off date||17-09-2020|
|Individual Price||£149 for members / £175 for non members|