DIY Premises Closure Orders
DIY Premises Closure Orders Process Half day online course
The 2014 ASB Crime & Policing Act revolutionised the way agencies are able to respond and address anti-social behaviour and criminal activity. The Act empowers ASB Practitioners and enforcement agencies by providing tools, guidance and the flexibility to be innovative.
In particular the powers associated with Premises Closure Orders enable Housing Providers, Police and Community Safety teams to address ASB successfully across all tenures, and take legal action where necessary.
The course establishes a thorough understanding of the Premises Closure Process as well as the ability to recognise and safeguard vulnerable tenants.
The course emphasises the importance of strong, local partnership working and effective working practices including information sharing. It looks at the process of legal action, and the Equality and Human Rights Act.
Who should attend
This is a must for Housing and ASB Officers and Managers, Police Officers & Community Safety Teams
Successful completion will allow delegates to:
- Identify safeguarding risks to vulnerable tenants at risk of exploitation
- Clarify the importance of partnership
- Explain the Partial and Full Closure Order options
- Give a step by step process to how to develop a Premises Closure Order legal bundle
- Give an understanding of the importance of the equality assessment
- Explain the Court Application process and basic advocacy framework
- Discuss the importance of enforcing the order
- Consider sanctions on persistent offenders
- Explain how to extend and/or amend the Order
|Event Date||06-10-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-10-2020 12:30 pm|
|Cut off date||05-10-2020|
|Individual Price||£75 for members / £95 for non members|