Practical Use of CPNs
Practical Use of CPNs – half day course
This online half-day course is aimed at local authority officers, police officers, police community support officers and officers from housing associations that deal with anti-social behaviour and nuisance issues. Attendees will have some understanding of how to deal with ASB related complaints and some grasp on civil proceedings, other tools and powers.
A Community Protection Notice (CPN) is designed to prevent unreasonable behaviour that is having a negative impact on the local community's quality of life. Since their introduction CPNs are becoming an increasingly popular way to address a range of anti-social behaviour, but like all legal controls it is essential that they are used and drafted properly and that the sanctions on breach are fully understood.
This CPN training course provides delegates with all the information they need to effectively use this relatively new and cost effective tool. The course covers topics including:
- Negotiating the delegation process for Social Landlords
- Identifying suitable cases for using a CPN delegated authority
- Understanding the level and types of evidence required
- Understanding the consultation requirements and the need for partnership working
- How to draft an effective and legally correct warning and notice
- How to deal with breaches of a CPN
The training provides all the template materials delegates need to be able to go back to the work place and commence using the tools and also looks at real life scenarios where the CPN has been effectively used to tackle anti-social behaviour.
|Event Date||09-02-2021 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-02-2021 12:30 pm|
|Cut off date||08-02-2021 3:00 pm|
|Individual Price||£75 for members / £95 for non members|