The UK’s first-ever ASB Awareness Week is now confirmed for 19-25 July 2021!
This week of action is bringing together people and organisations from across the country to take a stand and work together to make communities safer.
Organised by Resolve, ASB Awareness Week is being backed by the Home Office, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), Local Government Association (LGA), National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) and the National Fire Chiefs’ Council (NFCC).
Tackling ASB is more important than ever – we must stand together.
ASB is on the rise. Resolve members and agencies across the UK have reported a huge rise in ASB cases during the various national lockdowns. The situation is expected to get worse as society starts to open up.
Addressing this challenge is a national priority. ASB is not low-level crime, it devastates the lives of victims and communities. People deserve to feel safe where they live.
How can I get involved?
ASB Awareness Week is taking place on 19-25 July 2021. We want housing providers, councils, police forces, fire services and community groups from across the country to showcase the projects and partnerships they are running to keep communities safe.
There are loads of ways you can highlight the great work you are doing to keep communities safe. Download our Media Pack where you’ll find all the resources you’ll need including logos, materials for social media, posters, t-shirts and other campaign materials.
· Spread the word on social media – Use the graphics and template social media posts included in the Media Pack to raise awareness and showcase your work. There are also social media banners to download. Help us get #ASBAwarenessWeek trending between 19 – 25 July!
· Make the media – Highlight the great projects and initiatives you do to keep people safe in the local and regional press. You can draft your own press release or use this template we have prepared: PressR_Template_ASBAW21
· Help people take a stand – Our own research shows that more than half of people who experience ASB don’t bother to report it. We’re working with government on new guidance for social housing tenants on when and how to report ASB, which we plan to share during ASB Awareness Week. Please feel free to share your own guidance on reporting ASB to your communities during the week.
· Tell your stories – On Friday 23rd July we’ll be holding a practitioner day to celebrate the brilliant people who work on the frontline in the fight against ASB. We want you to encourage people across your organisation to record a short video explaining why tackling ASB is so important to them and the communities they live and work in. Post it on social media using the #ASBAwarenessWeek hashtag. You can even download a selfie frame, t-shirts and posters for your videos here.
What else is planned?
There will be lots of activities throughout the week, including:
· Resolve launching new national research highlighting the impact of ASB on local communities.
· A roundtable event with politicians and leaders across housing and local government looking at what can be done to address the rise in ASB.
· Resolve’s virtual Annual Conference.
· An online national awards ceremony and social media campaign highlighting the amazing people that keep our communities safe!
Get in touch