Resolve proactively develop national best practice, supporting members to work collaboratively and pilot new ideas with national organisations such as Stop Hate UK and Crimestoppers. To provide the most relevant and topical best practice we partner with academic institutions to research the impact of legislation and new approaches.
Our collaborative approach means we engage with our members, encouraging networking to gather examples of excellence within the field and provide advice. Our ‘how-to guides’ and templates are the go-to resource to support frontline officers in their complex roles in resolving Community Safety issues and responding to ASB. Resolve also offer a bespoke consultancy, case review, policy and procedure review and our own Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) to those members who wish to assess and develop their current services.
Our national Annual Conference is the only event in the Community Safety & ASB calendar featuring expert keynote speakers addressing a wide range of Community Safety issues, best practice workshops, networking opportunities and our national awards ceremony to celebrate success.
Policy and Procedure Review
Resolve has been leading community safety and antisocial behaviour (ASB) strategy, policy and procedural development for over twenty years. We can offer a great level of expertise and insight to support your organisation.
If you are considering:
- merging with another housing provider
- considering reviewing your current strategy, policy or procedure
- moving from a specialist to a generic approach to ASB management (or vice versa)
- a general health check
Resolve can support you through all stages of the process.
As part of the Policy and Procedure Review Resolve will:
- Read through the member’s annual report to obtain a sense of the group's vision and its values
- Review each policy separately, measuring against national policy drivers and current legislation
- Ensure the policies are not conflicting, underpin and support internal operational service delivery, and complement the strategic direction if part of a wider group
The review service will also look to other organisations to benchmark against like for like policies and procedures.
The process was very straight forward and turnaround was very quick. The Resolve associate was knowledgeable and helpful. The feedback was returned in an easy format and informed our policy development going forwards
Samantha Allcott, Housing Plus Group
Our expert consultants have extensive experience across community safety, ASB practice and service delivery. We provide support and constructive challenge to help organisations to deliver improved outcomes for residents, maximise service effectiveness, identify efficiencies and strive for excellence.
If you are considering:
- a comprehensive service redesign, greater resident involvement and scrutiny
- a new strategy in relation to partnership working
- a review of vulnerability risk management
- developing Service Improvement/Delivery Plans and Key Performance Indicators
Resolve can provide you with a service tailored to your organisational needs.
If you have been through a service review or one is due Resolve can support you through the process:
- Setting objectives that are both challenging and also achievable, taking into account your organisation’s operating environment and resources
- Identifying key milestones with measurable outcomes rather than relying on statistical analysis alone will give you a much more of an in-depth understanding of how your organisation is performing and support ongoing improvement
For members who have already undertaken a Quality Assurance Framework (QAF), we offer an additional service designed to develop a Service Improvement Plan based on our assessment and key findings.
This service takes into consideration the organisation’s resources and aspirations and is focussed on delivering excellence within the budget available.
Our old model was different in each region and business area, with each division having a slightly different approach to investigation, recording and monitoring.
This meant customers had a different experience depending on where they live. By harmonising the approach and creating a Community Safety Hub bringing together ASB, domestic abuse,hate crime and community cohesion, Resolve is helping Riverside deliver excellence to its customers.
Dean Butterworth, Regional Director, Riverside Liverpool City Region
Case Review Service
Do you have a case which is complex, a political “hot potato” or one that seems to have no resolution?
Are you considering legal action, or has the case become subject to your complaints process and needs an independent review?
We can review a case from an expert practitioner’s perspective and give you a strategy with key actions to take forward for a resolution.
- If you are considering legal action Resolve can ensure that options have been explored thoroughly, review the evidence and check that your procedures have been followed.
- If a case has reached complaint stage, an independent review can support an effective resolution. Resolve can provide a thorough review of the evidence, detailing the processes followed and produce a report with key findings and recommendations going forward.
- If a complaint has reached the Ombudsman, our case review service can support organisations through the process, giving clear advice, taking into account your own organisations policies and procedures and how best to respond.
- If you want Resolve to assist in taking a particular case forward, including preparation, then this is also a service we can provide.
Case Review Fees
Review of the case with a summary report and recommended actions – £249 introductory set fee, follow on casework £50 per hour
Contact us to find out more if you would like to explore the option of having a service level agreement with Resolve to review an agreed number of cases on a monthly basis.
Quality Assurance Framework
The Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) supports organisations in undertaking a simple yet meaningful assessment of their community safety and antisocial behaviour (ASB) service area.
The framework, which is exclusive to Resolve members, is tailored to your organisational goals and aspirations, available resources and the diverse communities in which you work.
What is it?
The QAF starts with a structured self-assessment to provide the organisation with a clear insight into areas of strength and where improvements might be focussed in the future. The framework looks at what is realistically viable and sets achievable objectives. The QAF can support organisations to identify areas where potential savings or efficiencies can be made, providing clear guidance on how services can achieve value for money whilst still delivering excellence to customers.
The QAF offers reassurance that your approach fits customers’ needs and supports the development of a clear set of objectives for the service in the future.
Participating in the QAF process can realise many benefits, such as:
- Helping your organisation to identify how to improve casework
- Potentially reduce expensive legal costs
- Provide guidance on how to improve relationships with residents and key partners.
How Does it Work?
The self-assessment is designed to test how your organisation responds to community safety and ASB, including assessing the view of residents and partners which are key to developing service excellence.
The questionnaires follow four themes;
- Putting communities at the heart of your work
- Leadership, Commitment and Resources
- Partnership and Problem Solving
- Use of the ASB Crime and Policing Act 2014
Day 1 Activity
Identification of areas your organisation would like to improve upon by completing a review and detailed discussion of the self-assessment findings. Following this a project plan will be drawn up with your organisation.
Day 2 Activity
Onsite interviews and further exploration of areas identified during the self-assessment.
Day 3 Activity
Onsite interviews and further exploration of areas identified during the self-assessment and verbal feedback with commissioners to highlight initial recommendations.
Day 4 Activity
Analysis of the findings and the development of a report with a series of recommendations.
I would recommend Resolve’s antisocial behaviour Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) as a fantastic way to have an independent refresh of your ASB service to ensure community safety partnerships are delivering a high standard of victim care.
Jo Grimshaw, Antisocial Behaviour Manager, Surrey Police
Service Improvement Plan
If your organisation would like support in developing a Service Improvement Plan after completion of the QAF, Resolve can offer this service at an extra cost.
If the QAF recommendations suggest a need for training, Resolve provide a variety of training packages. Training can either be designed specifically to the organisation’s needs (based on findings from the QAF) and delivered in house, or organisations can attend one of the courses already in the annual Resolve training programme at a discounted membership rate.